Monday, June 2, 2014

Memorial Day Weekend Recap

I know, I am OVER  a week late, but I have just not had the time nor the inclination to blog in the past week! So sorry!  I figured better late than never though; so here is a mini recap of our 2014 Memorial Day weekend:

 
 The best part of the party was definitely the food. My Father-in-law, Paul, smoked a pig at his house near Greenville, SC and then brought it to our house for the barbeque....it was DELICIOUS...some of the best I have had! Other sides for the party included: baked beans, coleslaw, macoroni and cheese, mini iceburg lettuce wedges with blue cheese and bacon, apple pie....I am probably forgetting some things... but you get the idea.

 
I did not go crazy this time with decor or presentation; given that we had just gotten back from our Kansas City trip. Some of my very simple and easy decor for this small get-together included: a navy blue polka dot overlay, some patriotic plates and napkins, and red,white and blue painted mason jars with twine.  I also bought small American flags at Michael's and painted several large mason jars with stars and stripes and  filled the mason jars with pinto beans. In addition to all the beer and wine we had on hand, we also had margaritas made from William Sonoma Margarita mix; it is delicious!

 
Bella and her best friend, Piper, enjoyed themselves just like everybody else.  I am mad at myself for not taking a picture of Piper and Bella together; I guess I was too busy enjoying the festivities! Bella and Piper both had matching red collars and patriotic flowers for Memorial Day. Here are a couple shots of Bella Memorial Day Weekend.
 
 
 
Lots of toasts were had by all. All in all, it was a very relaxing and successful Memorial Day Weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS