Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Pregnancy Weeks 7-12


Although we did not make our big announcement until this past Thursday, I have been keeping track of my weekly thoughts, food aversions and whatnot since week 7 of pregnancy. I thought I would share for those who are interested. I always love to read about others pregnancy experiences!




How far along: 7 weeks

Size of Baby: Baby D is the size of a sweet pea (Teeny Tiny). 

Gender: I have no idea, however, Evan is convinced we are having a boy!  We will definitely find out as soon as we can {i.e. 15 weeks} I cannot wait! We will be happy either way!

Workouts: Hmmm….nope. I do not have the energy nor the stomach for any sort of physical activity at this point.

Weight Gain: Nothing yet; I have probably lost several pounds! 

Sleep: Pretty good; sleeping A LOT!

Maternity Clothes: Not yet, {hopefully} way too soon for those.  I have started thinking about what I will wear. I have purchased several belly bands and shape wear in preparation…more to come on this once I have a bump.  

Movement: Not yet. 

Food cravings/aversions:  Saying no to all sweets, coffee, and  most kinds of chicken.  As to everything else, it just depends on my mood…I generally have a particular item in mind for every meal and I prefer to stick to it because in my mind the food  item won’t make me nauseous. Saying no to all desserts/sweets really stinks right now as we just celebrated by birthday and have lots around the house!! As far as cravings…a couple things that have been very odd including: Lunchables pizza (haven’t had these since middle school) and Pad Thai!? Weird!

Symptoms: Yes… where to begin. I am nauseous all day and night and the only thing that helps is if my stomach is fairly full. I am hoping the nausea will pass soon because it is pretty miserable. I just try to think that nausea is a good sign that everything is going well inside there! Also, I have been super tired and nap frequently {and for the record I am not a napper}.

What I miss: My energy and ability to eat what I want when I want. Eating currently revolves solely around what my mind thinks my stomach can handle.

Labor Signs: Way too soon!

Mood: Happy other than the nausea which makes me uncomfortable.  I haven't really had any crazy mood swings or anything yet. Fingers crossed I don't turn into a crazy person for a little while longer!!

Nursery: We will start on nursery progress immediately after Thanksgiving. We are hosting Thanksgiving this year so we don't want to flip our guest room quite yet!

Best moment(s) this week: Me complaining about not being able to drink coffee and Evan saying that’s okay, {insert baby boy name we already have ready} is just like his father; he is saying no to coffee. It starts already…

What I'm looking forward to? Our 8 week appointment. Hoping we are having a sweet, healthy baby!








How Far Along? 8 weeks

Size of Baby:
Baby is the size of a kidney bean. 

Gender: Still have no idea! Evan had a dream the other night that we had two children, a boy and a girl; but the girl was older in the dream. Maybe a sign?

Maternity Clothes: Too soon! {Thank goodness}!

Workouts: Still none, I am too tired and feel pretty yucky all day every day.  

Weight Gain:
Haven't stepped on the scale, but I'm assuming none. I continue to feel quite bloated by the end of each day though. 

Sleep: A good 7-8 hours nightly. Lots of naps when I can; especially on the weekends. 

Movement: Nada. Can’t wait though!

Food aversions/cravings?  Still saying no to anything pumpkin, chicken and coffee. As far as cravings…nothing too crazy, however, oddly enough I have certain things that I feel like eating for every meal.

Nursery:
Is still a guestroom. We are waiting until we know the gender on Thanksgiving!

Symptoms:  Same as last week: nausea, extreme tiredness…food aversions, cravings, increased hunger.  I really need to watch the quantity of food that I eat at each meal because I think I may be overdoing it a bit due to the increased hunger/nausea! 

What I Miss: Anything and everything pumpkin…for some reason I have the strangest aversion to everything pumpkin spice (which I usually love)!

Labor Signs: Way too soon!

Mood: Happy!

Best Moment This Week:
Our “8 week” doctor’s appointment and getting to see our little one and hear his/her heartbeat! It was magical! I continue to pray that the little one continues to grow and flourish!
 
Looking Forward To: Getting my energy back and some normalcy when it comes to eating! 




 




How Far Along: 9 weeks

Size of Baby:
Green Olive

Gender:
Evan suspects a boy, but we have no idea!

Maternity Clothes:
Too soon! {Thank goodness}!

Workouts: Ugh...still have no energy!

Weight Gain: Haven't stepped on scale, but I'm assuming none. I have felt quite bloated by the end of each day though.  

Sleep: A good 7-8 hours nightly. Lots of naps when I can; especially on the weekends. 

Food aversions/cravings: Ugh, yes…nothing too crazy, however, oddly enough I have certain things that I feel like eating for every meal.
 
Movement:
Nada. Can’t wait though!

Nursery:
Is still a guestroom. We are waiting until we know the gender on Thanksgiving!

Symptoms:
The "girls" are very sore. Nausea, extreme tiredness…food aversions, cravings, increased hunger.  I really need to watch the quantity of food that I eat at each meal because I think I may be overdoing it a bit due to the increased hunger/nausea! 

What I Miss:
Nothing at all. I have no desire for alcohol at this point. This may be due to the mind nausea; not sure. Anything and everything pumpkin…for some reason I have a stranger aversion to everything pumpkin spice (which I usually love)!

Labor Signs: Too soon.

Mood: Happy!

Best Moment This Week:
Our “8 week” doctor’s appointment and getting to see our little one and hear his/her heartbeat! It was magical! I continue to pray that the little one continues to grow and flourish!
 
Looking Forward To: Getting my energy back and some normalcy when it comes to eating!  



 




How Far Along: 10 weeks

Size of Baby:
Baby is the size of a kumquat

Gender:
We have no idea. I suspect a girl.

Maternity Clothes:
Too soon! {Thank goodness}!

Workouts: Ugh...still have no energy!

Weight Gain: Umm…still haven’t stepped on the scale but with the hunger I have been feeling; I have probably gained a pound or so. 

Sleep: A good 7-8 hours nightly. Lots of naps when I can; especially on the weekends. Just started getting up in the middle of the night to tinkle.

Food aversions/cravings: Not as many this week {thankfully}.
 
Movement:
Nada. Can’t wait though!

Nursery:
Is still a guestroom. We are waiting until we know the gender on Thanksgiving!

Symptoms:
The nausea has gotten MUCH better. Additionally, the crazy food aversions have lessened, which I am very thankful for. I still feel slightly nauseas and uncomfortable if I do not eat every two to three hours. Going longer than two hours or so without eating and I become ravenous. I am still crazy tired all the time and I have no motivation to exercise AT ALL. I do not even have the energy to drag myself to the grocery store.

What I Miss:
Nothing at all. I have no desire for alcohol at this point. This may be due to the mind nausea; not sure. Anything and everything pumpkin…for some reason I have a stranger aversion to everything pumpkin spice (which I usually love)!

Labor Signs: Too soon.

Mood: Happy!

Best Moment This Week:
Knowing that we are in the double digits and so far so good. We are just praying for a healthy little one!

Looking Forward To: Still waiting to get my energy back!










How Far Along: 11 weeks

Size of Baby:
Baby is the size of a fig or lime (depending on your source)

Gender:
We have no idea. I suspect a girl. 

Maternity Clothes: Too soon! {Thank goodness}!

Workouts: Still none. So ready to get back at it!
  
Weight Gain: Umm…stepped on the scale because I had my health screening at work this week. I have gained two pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight. I am not really surprised considering my increased hunger and my lack of activity for the past five weeks or so. I am hoping to feel a little less bulky once my energy comes back and I am able to get back into my exercise routine! 

Sleep: Still tons!! A good 7-8 hours or more nightly. I took a 3 hour nap on Sunday! I am not generally a napper! 

Food aversions/craving: Not too bad this week overall.  Oddly, I had a craving for MacDonald’s for dinner the other night; which is really odd. I never want nor go to MacDonald’s!  It really hit the spot though! Still saying no to anything and everything pumpkin.  

Movement: Nada. Can’t wait though! 

Nursery:
Is still a guestroom. We are waiting until we know the gender on Thanksgiving!

Symptoms:
The nausea is almost non-existent at this point. Unfortunately, the fatigue is still in full force and so are the crazy hunger I get if I do not eat ever couple of hours.

What I Miss:
Caesar salads and soft cheeses!  Still absolutely no desire for alcohol. I blame the hormones. 

Labor signs: Nope. 

Mood: Content!

Best Moment This Week:
Knowing that we are in the double digits and so far so good. We are just praying for a healthy little one!

Looking Forward To:
Still waiting to get my energy back! Also, we have our 12 week appointment next Thursday; which happens to also be our fourth wedding anniversary. We figured what a great way to celebrate than to have our appointment {and hopefully} get good news that our little one is healthy and doing well. It has been a month since our last appointment, so I am super anxious to hear that little heart beat! After our appointment, we are off to celebrate with dinner out.








How Far Along: 12 weeks!! Finally!!

Size of Baby:
Baby is the size of a plum. 

Gender:
We have no idea. None at all. 

Maternity Clothes: Well...work clothes are now almost too tight in the top region. I have gone up an entire cup size (like I needed that)! Getting a little snug around the tummy region as well due to the bump that has definitely made an appearance this week.

Workouts: 2! This is a HUGE improvement from the past 11 weeks. Hopefully this will pick up from here on out!

Weight Gain:
We will find out at our 12 week appointment tomorrow. I do not anticipate it to be that good (I would estimate 2-3 pounds)…I have been eating it seems like A LOT (due to my insatiable hunger)!  Ugh!

Sleep: A good 9-10 hours nightly. Took another 3 hour nap on Saturday which is unlike me pre-pregnancy.   

Cravings/Aversions: Not too bad this week overall.  Jimmy John’s vegetarian subs. Guacamole. Special K Red Berries. Pizza. 

Movement: None.  

Nursery:
Is still a guestroom. We are waiting until we know the gender on Thanksgiving!

Symptoms:
The fatigue may be getting a little bit better, but not much yet. I went ahead and purchased several pregnancy exercise DVDs though and plan to start this weekend regardless of my energy level. I also plan to resume my running routine this weekend. Hope the exercise will help boost the energy levels.


What I Miss: Caesar salads and soft cheeses!  Still absolutely no desire for alcohol. I blame the hormones. 

Mood: So happy that our little one is doing so well!

Best Moment This Week:
Knowing we are almost into the second trimester! I can’t believe it!

Looking Forward To:
Still waiting to get my energy back! Also, we have our 12 week appointment tomorrow; which happens to also be our fourth wedding anniversary. We figured what a great way to celebrate than to have our appointment {and hopefully} get good news that our little one is healthy and doing well. It has been a month since our last appointment, so I am super anxious to hear that little heart beat! After our appointment, we are off to celebrate with dinner out.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS