Thursday, April 17, 2014

Easter Bird's Nests

 
This weekend, we are heading up to Virginia for a Family Reunion on Evan's side of the family. With it being Easter, I thought I would whip up something cute for the kiddos (and adults).  I found these on Pinterest (courtesy of With a Grateful Prayer and Thankful Heart Blog) and I had to share my variation on these. I used pretzel sticks instead of chow mein noodles, but either could be used.  I also added more marshmallows and butter than the original recipe called for as I like them extra marshmallowy (I don't think that is a word)!  They are super easy and took less than 1.5 hours to make from start to finish! 
 
These were made with pretzel sticks (the one's I made).

These were made with chow mein noodles and picture is courtesy of With a Greatful Prayer and Thankful Heart Blog.
 

Ingredients:

3 cups Mini Marshmallows
1/2 cup Butter
4 cups of Pretzel Sticks (snapped in three pieces or so)
Jelly Beans, M&M's or Robin's Eggs to fill Nests (I used Cadbury Mini Eggs)
 
 
 
 

Directions:

Spray muffin pan with PAM (for Baking ideally).

In a large, microwave safe bowl, melt the butter. Add marshmallows, stir and microwave 45 seconds on full power. Stir; microwave an additional 45 seconds. Stir; add pretzel sticks. Stir until coated with marshmallow/butter mixture.

Spray a little PAM on your hands. Spoon the coated pretzel sticks in each cup, then use your hands to form it into little nests.

Put the pan in freezer for an hour or so.

Pop each nest out using a fork.

Place on a lightly buttered serving plate or a plate lined with parchment paper or wax paper so nests won't stick.
Fill with candy and
enjoy!
 

2 comments:

  1. Love these!! What a cute idea + they look delicious

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lauren! Hope you have a Happy Easter! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS