Friday, August 29, 2014

Friday Five: Planners, Mirrors and New Tricks

So glad it's Friday! Evan better, so glad a three day weekend is upon us! Happy Labor Day Weekend!

Evan and I do not have any major plans this weekend, which I am actually thrilled about. My plan is to hopefully hit some sales this weekend: specifically visit the new Charlotte Premium Outlets and also the new Lush store at South Park Mall.  

Today's Friday five are quite random as it the norm. A little of this a little of that... 

{ONE} Bella's New Trick, Playing Dead



Not sure if others will find this as entertaining as Evan and I do, however I was amazed at how quickly and easily we taught Bella this. Bella already knows roll over, so we basically would say "bang bang," wait for her to begin rolling over and give her the treat once she was on her back. Within five minutes, she had learned the new trick!

{TWO} Mirror Image Wall Mirror


Okay, this may be a little vain, but while we were in Atlanta for a Braves game two weeks ago, I kept raving over this 3 times magnification mirror that they had in the bathroom at the Westin we stayed at. It picked up on a lot of little hairs, etc., that I could not see with a normal mirror.  Let's just say we were delayed in leaving for the game, due to some serious plucking action that went on. I just hope others couldn't see all those stray hairs before! I loved this mirror so much, that I took pictures of it and googled it that evening. It it a little over $130; pretty pricey for a mirror in my opinion, however, I loved it so much, I had to have it. You can find it here on Amazon. It is great to use when plucking and to more precisely apply makeup in the mornings. I highly recommend!

{Three} Knot Bathroom Doorstop


Evan decided several months ago to use WD40 on the downstairs bathroom door and now it unfortunately swings closed without something to prop it open {fail!}.  I found this knot doorstop on Amazon.com and love it. It goes perfectly with the nautical theme that I am building on  in our guest bathroom. I hope to post pictures of the finished bathroom once we get around to painting. More to come soon!

{Four} Pumpkin Spice Coffee and My K-Cup



I apologize in advance, y'all are probably going to get sick of me talking about all things Pumpkin. I LOVE anything Pumpkin this time of year. I love our Keurig and I have started using "My K-Cup" on the weekends. You can fill it with any ground coffee of your choice and then use your Keurig to brew a cup of coffee just like you would with a regular K-Cup. I think it's pretty nifty and it cuts down of the cost of constantly using regular K-Cups.

{FIVE} My New 2015 Day Planner

Finally, I went ahead and purchased my new 2015 day planner after a co-worker showed me the adorable one she recently purchased. Last year I purchased a Lilly Pulitzer planner and really liked it; however, I decided that I wanted something a little more compact and mature looking. I finally decided on this very simple monthly planner from Gallery Leather in a salmon color. I love the simplicity of it and love that it can be personalized. They have a ton of classic, timeless options to choose from and they are reasonably priced.

Linking up with: Karli & Amy with Oh Hey Friday,
 Lauren for Fab Friday
 and
 Lauren with  High Five for Friday.

Hope everyone has a great Labor Day Weekend!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the planner!! It's so pretty and I love that it's personalized!! Good job Bella!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. New planners are the best - everything is just fresh and clean and a new fresh start!! Love the new mirror and Bella's trick is so cute!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS