Friday, May 23, 2014

Five on Friday: Memorial Day Edition

I feel a little guilty, but I have not had a chance to blog about our mini-vacay to Kansas City yet. Hopefully, after this long weekend, I can get my act together and post it.

For now, here are my Five on Friday for this Memorial Day Weekend!

{One} Bella's new Lilly Collar

Etsy has such a great selection of dog collars and I found a vendor who makes dog collars with authentic Lilly Pulitzer fabric. I loved them, so Bella now has two additional Lilly collars for summer! You can find them here.

This was taken right after we picked Bella up from the groomer's this week; hence the extreme blow out pouf!  She always looks like such a diva for several days after the groomers!


{TWO} Our Memorial Day Party

Since Evan and I were in Kansas City until late Tuesday, I haven't had time to put the finishing touches on the little bit of decor I am putting together for our get-together this Saturday.  I keep telling myself I am not going too crazy this time around, as we are only having about 10-12 people. Sometimes, I tend to get a little carried away with party planning.  Here are some of the pins I am using for inspiration:
 
Memorial Day Parties memorial-dayA Memorial Day celebration. Photography by Jennica Jo / Design by Cherry Blossom Events
Easy 4th of July or Memorial Day Party Utensil Holders #DIY
DIY scalloped tablecloth from a drop cloth | by Sugar & Cloth
 
 

{Three} Minute Maid Frozen Lemonade

During my work lunch break, some co-workers and I generally browse all that Speed Street has to offer. I was reminded again how much I LOVE these when they had them at Speed Street. I know it may sound ridiculous, but I love them so much, that in the past I have looked up where you can purchase them and when I could not find them in stores, I seriously debated paying to have them shipped to our door. I know...just a bit crazy. Oddly enough, I was THRILLED to actually find them in Harris Teeter last night. I went ahead got two boxes to stock up!!
 
 
 

{Four} Evan's Baseball Cuff links
 

I found these on Etsy and they made a great stocking stuffer this past year. Now that it is baseball season, Evan has been able to break these out!
 

{Five} Oklahoma Joe's Barbecue Sauce

Kansas City is known for their great barbecue and they definitely did not disappoint! Rated the best barbecue in Kansas City, we snagged a bottle or two (or four) of their magic sauce for our upcoming barbecue! Don't be fooled by the fact they are connected to a gas station, they have ridiculous lines there everyday of the week and people are always willing to wait for their food. Unfortunately, they will not ship the barbecue sauce out of state, so if you are ever in Kansas City, you need to check this place out! 
 

 

Hope everyone has a great Memorial Day!!


 


2 comments:

  1. Lilly is too cute!! What a lady in her pretty new collar :) side note, I love your green rug!! Hope you have a wonderful Memorial Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you're going to have a fun party! Found you at the link up! Newest follower! http://simplysimplisticlife.blogspot.com/
    ~Angela

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS