Friday, May 16, 2014

Five on Friday

This has been a crazy week and until today, had not had a chance to post anything! Unfortunately, things will not be slowing down anytime soon...we have a mini-vacation scheduled for Kansas City this weekend and are hosting a Memorial Day barbecue next weekend! Without further ado, here are my five: 

{ONE} Our new car, the 2014 Honda Accord Sport


On Friday (Evan and I had the day off for), we purchased our second new car! It is a 2014 Honda Accord Sport. We went into the dealership planning to purchase the Honda Accord Hybrid, but quickly realized that was not the car for us given the VERY small trunk (where would we put the running stroller and all things baby in the future!?) and a bit of sluggishness when accelerating. This baby purrs when you accelerate and it has the same interior space (and most importantly trunk space) as the Honda Accord. 

{TWO} Dixieland Clothing Company

This past Saturday we finally made it into this lovely new addition to Davidson. They have been open only since March 2014 and we have been itching to visit ever since!  This little store is STUFFED with all things Southern Tide, High Cotton, Southern Marsh, Southern Proper, Rowdy Gentleman....the list goes on and on. Of course, Evan had to buy a High Cotton bow tie while we were there and a Southern Tide t-shirt for the upcoming Memorial Day. We made friends with the "President" of the store, Tyler Hampton, and made him aware that we would be frequent visitors in the future and he would likely come to know us quite well! Tyler even loaded us up with some free stuff, pictured below. You can find Dixieland Clothing Company on Facebook here.  




Southern Proper heaven!
Their great selection of preppy merchandise.


Who doesn't love free Southern Tide hats and bottle socks!?

 






 

{THREE} Heather and Matt's BBQ 

This past Saturday, we ventured over to our good friends' house for their first barbecue in their new home!
 

Of course, Brooke and I had to break-in our new coozies!

{FOUR} BLoOUT in Lake Norman is now open!!

I have been wanting to check them out from the moment I heard they opened a location in Lake Norman. Finally, this past Saturday, I used the barbecue we were attending as an excuse to try them out. I was not disappointed. Marett, the stylist that did my hair, gave me the best blow-out I think I have ever received. I warned Marett that I would likely be a frequent visitor from now on! The picture of Brooke and I above shows the way my hair looked after the blow out (even with the humidity and rain). You can find their website here.

Bloout 

{FIVE} Our mini-vacay to Kansas City 

Instead of the traditional beach vacation this year, Evan and I opted to go a somewhat different route. My two main requirements for this year's mini vacation were to go somewhere with: 1) great shopping and 2) great restaurants/bars. Check and check! There are so many great boutiques and stores in Kansas City that we do not have in Charlotte. Given the somewhat overwhelming shopping and restaurant options in Kansas City, we have a packed itinerary. Evan is on notice of the tremendous hit his credits cards are going to take in the next four days! I have deliberately packed extremely light for this trip (something I am not very good at doing); so that I have plenty of room for all of the loot that I plan on buying while in Kansas City! We fly out very early tomorrow! I can't wait!

HAPPY WEEKEND TO ALL!




5 comments:

  1. Love the new car - we have an Accord too, they're great cars!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun to get a new car! I'm dying for a new one but I'll just have to wait! Is your precious Bella a doodle?! I have a labradoodle named Pixie! I'm obsessed with all doodles! I'd love to have a house full of them but my hubby refuses! Have a great weekend and check out the giveaway on my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from the link-up. Do you live in the greater LKN area? My in-laws live North of Mooresville!

    http://www.omgitsliz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the new car. I have been looking into getting a new car because mine is just starting to make sounds and I feel like if I do not sell it soon, I will just have to sell it for parts. I really like what you got so maybe that will help to narrow my search with the car.

    Paige Hollingsworth @ Baldwin Motors Lincoln

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS