Friday, May 9, 2014

Five on Friday

Excited for the weekend....we have a couple of  fun things to look forward to!  Here are my 'Five' this week: 

{ONE} Old Navy Women's Suede Demi-Wedge Sandals

Oddly enough, Old Navy has almost the same wedge sandals that Jcrew had (but the ones at Old Navy are not sold out like the ones at Jcrew and they are significantly cheaper)! You may remember that I featured the Jcrew sandals (shown below) on last week's Five on Friday.  You can find them here.

Wedges from Old Navy
Wedges from Old Navy
Factory demi-wedge sandals
Wedges from Jcrew

{TWO}  Family pictures tomorrow with Elizabeth Scott Photography and Makeup/Hair by Lindsey Regan Thorne

Why are we getting professional pictures now? Well, Evan and I (unfortunately) were not completely satisfied with our engagement and wedding pictures (back almost four years ago now) and we haven't had any formal pictures taken since then of us. Before beginning to have kiddos, I want to have some pitures of  Evan, Bella, and I that I can look back on and be happy with. Nothing can completely make up for missed shots at our wedding, but in my mind, it does soften the blow a little bit to have some good pictures taken after the fact.

I am very excited to work with Leslie and Matt from Elizabeth Scott photography! Oddly enough, they were neighbors of ours until about a week ago. You can find their website here.

Lindsey Regan Thorne did my hair and makeup for one of my good friend's weddings last year and thus I HAD to have her do my hair and makeup for this photo shoot (and hopefully many more to come)! You can find her website here.   In my opinion, she is just the best!!

Stay tuned; I will be sure to post pictures soon!


 {THREE} BBQ with Friends this Saturday and Hell Or High Watermelon Beer

It seems like the past several weeks gave been utter chaos; between weekends out of town, Bella's dog training, Evan being swamped at work and having some late nights...the list goes on and on...I am ready for a low-key; releaxing evening with some good friends. I am also very excited to try this beer (Hell or High Watermelon by 21st Amendment Brewery) which several of my friends have raved about!!

hell-or-high-watermelon


{FOUR} A Shout-Out to my Best Friend, Brooke

Brooke, I have known you now for a little over three years (seems like longer) and although we have had one or two rough patches in our friendship (what real friendship hasn't?), we always work it out and end up even closer than before. You have always been there for me and are one of my biggest supporters. You are like a sister to me and I just want to thank you for being such an amazing friend! I look forward to many years of friendship between us!

Brooke and I on her wedding day.



{FIVE} Jcrew Factory Printed Sun Shift

I love this style dress and bought several of these last summer in different colors/patterns.  Not only are they comfortable, but they make a great work dress. You can find it at Jcrew Factory.  Everything at Jcrew Factory is currently an additional 30% off.




HAPPY FRIDAY, EVERYONE!


4 comments:

  1. I've never heard of that beer but it sounds pretty good. I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sandals are super cute. There's nothing better than finding a good "look for less" item. I can't wait to see photos from the shoot. Hope you both have a great time taking some formal photos to keep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that beer!! I think you'll really like it. We are excited to see y'all in a couple weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you!!!! I know your photos will be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS