Monday, August 18, 2014

Weekend Recap: Mingling on the Green, Braves, and Streaking

Hope everyone had a great weekend! Ours was a lot of driving with our trip to Atlanta on Saturday; however the drive wasn't too onerous thankfully.
 
Friday Evan was able to work from home (I was so jealous). Apparently according to Evan, Bella spent the day sleeping by the door; waiting for me to get home. So sweet!
 
 
Friday evening I was not feeling that well due to a sinus headache; however being that it was Friday night and Evan was done with his busy working period; I wanted to get out and do something. We ended up going to Mingling on the Green at Birkdale Village to hear some live music. A lot of the outdoor patio areas at Birkdale are dog friendly, so we took Bella as well. 
 
Bella and I before heading to Birkdale.
 
Saturday midday we drove to Atlanta, checked into our hotel for the evening, and then met two of our friends for the Braves' game. We have stayed in various parts of Atlanta for Braves' games in the past; but I think we found "our hotel" for all future games. The view from our room was pretty awesome (we were on the 37th floor). The hotel has a Starbucks, gift shop, cafe, bar and restaurant. In short, I highly recommend the Westin in Downtown Atlanta.
 



 
We tailgated for several hours before the game with our friends (ugh...it was soo hot)! Once at the game however, it managed to cool off a good bit and the seats we had were pretty darn good.


 
Somewhere around the sixth inning or so...a guy ran from the back of the stands to the front of the dugout (right in front of me as I was sitting on the end seat immediately in front of the dugout). The guy proceeded to drop his pants, boxers and his shirt, jumped over the dugout onto the field,  and proceeded to begin running! I was in shock! It was one of those experiences where my brain did not really process what I was seeing. We had a streaker and I was front and center to witness it. Evan at that point grasped what was happening and started screaming for the camera! Although blurry, Evan managed to capture the following shots of the incident.  You can see the natural progression of security going after the guy below.
 
It was quite entertaining!
 
 
 
 





 


Us at the end of the 9th inning. The Braves won!
 

Linking up with Biana for Weekending

Mingle Monday with Meg

 Lisa and Bella for Weekend Recap.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS