Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Weekend Recap

I am a little late on my "weekend recap," however I figured better late than never.  Evan has this quarterly busy cycle where he works longer hours than his typical 9-5. This quarterly cycle began on July 23rd and should be over sometime next week. During this time, Evan generally has to work several weekends; meaning we can't go on weekend trips, restaurants, etc. during that time. Generally, I am okay with this as I spend the time: catching up on shows that have been recorded on our DVR for the past six months, cleaning the house, cooking, and overall just catching up on things i haven't had time to do previously. Here some of the random things I cooked/discovered this weekend:
 
 
 
Astoria Primo Rosso Red Blend. This was featured during a wine tasting at World Market recently and I think it's pretty darn good and bought a bottle.  I cannot find it on World Market's website; however they do currently sell it at the Mooresville, NC location.
 
Found this tank at Target this weekend for $10. They only have X-Large left online; however, they had all sizes in the store. Love anything pineapple right now!
 
Evan and I made dinner Sunday evening: Turkey Burgers {pretzel buns, cheddar cheese and ground turkey from Trader Joe's} and three cheese risotto that I made for the first time. The risotto was absolutely delicious and I highly recommend this recipe I found on Pinterest.

 
 
 
This is completely random...but here is taste of the shenanigans that go on in our house. I may have mentioned it before, but Bella rarely barks. She communicates sometimes through various grunts {ha!} but she rarely barks. She barks more in this video than I think she has done in her entire life. We found it pretty hilarious!

My father-in-law, Paul, spent the night with us this Saturday as Evan and Paul went to the Liverpool FC v. AC Milan Soccer Cup Saturday evening. I wanted to whip up something for breakfast Sunday morning and found this easy breakfast casserole on Pinterest and it was a hit.


As much as I enjoy some down time, I am ready to have my husband back soon!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS