Monday, August 4, 2014

Pumpkin Beer Favorites

Linking up with Biana for Weekending and Meg for Mingle Monday again today.
 
It is officially that time of year again...PUMPKIN BEER TIME!  I LOVE almost all pumpkin beers and seriously could drink them all year round {too bad you can only get them in the fall}!  Fortunately for me, several pumpkin beers have already been released this year and are currently in stores.  
 
Thank goodness that one of my best friends texted me yesterday afternoon to tell me that pumpkin beer is out; otherwise I would not have known. As obsessed with pumkin beer as I am, I immediately ran  out to the store and bought all of the  current options.  Below are my purchases yesterday and also a list of my favorite pumpkin beers {not in any particular order} that should be coming out in the next month or so {hopefully}.
 
*Star denotes that it is currently available at craft beer stores/Whole Foods.
  
 
{1} *Uinta Punk'n - This is available now; get it while it's still on the shelves! When I went yesterday, this was the last case! This is one of my favorites. It has a crisp, clean pumpkin taste that is not overpowering. I found mine at 201 Central.

{2} *Saranac Pumkin Ale - I had this last year in bottle form; however as pictured above, they currently have it in half growler size. I sampled this one again last night and it is definitely a good one. It is currently available at 201 Central.

{3} *Crown Valley Pumpkin Cider - I have not had this one before and will let y'all know once I try it. This one is also currently available at 201 Central.

{4} Dogfish Head Punkin Ale - This is my all-time favorite. This one is a little more full bodied, but it balanced out well with baked pumpkins, cinnamon, nutmeg, and brown sugar.  Be warned; this one does have a higher alcohol content at 7% ABV. I drink two of these and am feeling a bit tipsy!

{5} New Belgium Pumpkick - This one is pretty good. It is lighter on the pumpkin taste than the Dogfish and Unita.

{6} *Blue Moon Harvest Moon Pumpkin Ale - This one is just okay in my opinion. I am not one for watered down beers; and to me the pumpkin flavor is just not as strong in this one as some of the others. I have not tried it since last fall, however, thus I will try it again soon to see if my opinion has changed. This one is also currently available at 201 Central among other places.


Obviously it is not Fall yet, however with the release of some of the pumpkin beers; we are getting closer! Can't wait for my favorite season to start!


http://www.blovedboston.com/


http://www.lifeofmeg.com/
Add caption

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS