Tuesday, September 2, 2014

What I Wore: Summer Work Wardrobe

The dress requirement at my office falls somewhere between business and business casual. It depends on the day which side I teeter on, however, here is an example of my typical summer work attire. Year-round, my go-to's are dresses and skirts, primarily because they are more comfortable in my opinion than pants and I think they flatter my petite figure more than pants {I am only 5'2.''}. I love to pair staples such as a black or navy dress with something bright {i.e.: a statement necklace, scarf, or print cardigan} and then color cordinate other pieces {i.e. jewely} to coordinate with the statement piece. I am a huge fan of cardigan sweater as I am cold natured, so I essentially have one in every color that exists {I am not kidding}!

Dress: Forever 21 {old}// Shoes: Jessica Simpson Noah Wedge in Black// Scarf: {sold out, other options here} //Jcrew Clare Cardigan // Bracelets: Jcrew {sold out, similar}; Kate Spade Good as Gold Idiom Bangle; Kate Spade Ribbon Bangle {sold out, can find on Amazon.com}.




I love these shoes from Jessica Simpson. They are super comfortable and I have them in the nude color as well!



 
 
Linking up with: The Pleated Poppy for What I Wore Wednesdays 
and
Because Shana Says So for Random Wednesdays.

What are your go-to pieces for work?

 

3 comments:

  1. Super adorable, I love the scarf and cardigan together!

    Kristina does the Internets

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I have a cardigan in every color too...I do love me some cardigans!! This outfit is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the dress and bangles! So cute! And, you can never have too many cardigans! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS