Tuesday, July 15, 2014

DIY Fridge Liners

In the past several months, I have come across a number of pins on Pinterest for DIY fridge shelf liners and I thought why not? I improvised on the materials I have seen others use, as I used book adhesive covers instead of clear contact paper and used decorative paper from Michael's as it was cheap and comes in so many patterns/colors. All in all, I think the liners add a little something to the shelves in our fridge; plus, the fridge got a good cleaning during the process. Win win, right? I hesitate to show what what our fridge looked like before...
 

Materials:

Clear Book Cover Adhesive from Staples
 
Decorative Paper from Michael's
 

Directions:

 First, I gave the fridge a good cleaning and threw out any food that was spoiling and/or things we just did not want anymore. Second, I measured and cut the decorative paper into the size that would fit onto each fridge shelf. Third, I applied the book cover adhesive to the paper and cut the adhesive to slightly overlap the decorative paper. Finally, I applied the paper and adhesive to the fridge shelf. {Just a side note; make sure that each shelf is completely dry before placing the paper on the shelf. This probably goes without saying, but just in case}.
 

Before adding the liners/organization/cleaning:

 
 

After:





Super easy! Literally took me 45 minutes or so to complete the whole project!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS