Friday, July 11, 2014

"Great Room" Updates

Instead of a third bedroom, we have what we call the "Great Room;" which essentially is a large family room upstairs. This is the largest room in our house, so finding furniture to make the space more cozy took some time. We started with a large sectional from the Sofa Mart in Concord, North Carolina and added other furniture over time. For the most part, the room is completed at this point.  I say this, but I am sure I will tweak things over time.
 

Sectional {Sofa Mart}

Coffee Table and Media Console {World Market}

Chevron Pillow Covers {Hobby Lobby}

Pillows {Ikea}

Burlap Curtains {Hobby Lobby}

Curtain Rods {Hobby Lobby}

Chevron Table Overlay {Etsy}

Rattan Baskets {Target}

Bar Cart {Joss and Main}

Miscellaneous Throw Pillows {Pottery Barn}

Grand Chenille Throw {Pottery Barn} On sale now for $39.99

Misc. Original Paintings {randomly pick them up at random thrift and antique stores for super cheap and generally get original oil paintings}

Floating Shelf {Pottery Barn}

Desk {Target} 

I found my inspiration for this little project {here} on Pinterest. I found all of my supplies at Hobby Lobby. It literally took 45 minutes or so to make.


Bella made a random appearance in this picture. She was exhausted from playing all weekend in Sharps, VA. This is a bookshelf that Evan made for me while in law school so that I had somewhere to put the million books I accumulated. We have actually painted it with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in the past year so that it coordinates with everything else in the room.
 
Our bar cart is still a work in progress as you can see. At this point, I have merely put some items that we already had on it and have not spent any time "styling" it. I will post a better picture later.

 



 
This is where we store important documents, etc. The chair is actually from Ikea and was painted with the same Annie Sloan Chalk Paint used for the book shelf {above}.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS