Monday, July 7, 2014

Guest Room Updates

This will the first of (hopefully) many posts regarding room updates in our home. I recently "completed" the smallest of our guest rooms and I wanted to share the results. Completed is probably not the most accurate word to use to describe any room in our home as I am always changing and updating things. I never feel like any of the rooms in our home are perfect, but am always trying to improve them. This drives my husband absolutely crazy!!  Please note: I am not an interior decorator of any kind, but I try my best! 

Materials:

Black and White Duvet Cover and Shams: Ikea
Throw Blanket: Ikea
Yellow Overlay: This was actually a table runner that I use as an accent piece on the bed. Etsy.
Curtains: Etsy {Here}
Curtain Rod: Lowe's {Here}
Yellow Pillows: {I have had these for severak years and cannot remember where i got them, sorry!}
Leaf Emroidered Pillow: Pottery Barn {I do not think they carry it anymore}
Linen Monogrammed Pillow: Pottery Barn
Burlap Lamp Shade: World Market {Here}
Large Mason Jar: Michael's {I painted it with yellow chalk paint}
Hanging Chalkboard: Michael's
Side Table: TJ Maxx {painted with white chalk paint}
Lamp: TJ Maxx {Painted with yellow chalk paint}
Bed: This was part of my bedroom set growing up. Originally the set was a maple color and I painted it white {specifically with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint, color Old Ochre} for an updated look.
Yellow Letter: Michael's
Assorted Picture Frames: Walmart, Target, TJ Maxx, and World market
 
 
First, we painted the room with Valspar paint in the color, Autumn Fog. I chose yellow as my accent color for the room.









This quote has a lot of meaning to Evan and I, as it was used during our wedding ceremony. It was really simple to use a chalk marker on this small chalkboard to create the look.



These curtains from Etsy were only $23.00 each {I needed two for these windows}. Although they are simple; I thought it was a really inexpensive way to add some color to the room.


As mentioned above, I used a table tunning as a bed accent. I thought it tied well with the curtains since they are the same design.

 
Love these pillows that I believe I found on Etsy and Pottery Barn.

 
As mentioned above, the Duvet Cover and Shams are from Ikea and were relatively inexpensive. I have had these for quite some time and thankfully went with the rest of the decor in this room. I purchased the alternative down comforter at Belk several years ago during a day after Thanksgiving sale.









Voila! Done {for now}!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS