Monday, July 28, 2014

Weekend Recap: style, good food, and relaxation

Linking up with Biana for Weekending and Meg for Mingle Monday again today.
  
This weekend was fairly low-key in our household and I am not complaining about that one bit! I caught up on our laundry, cleaning, and miscellaneous grocery shopping that I have been putting off. Additionally, we were able to cook a bit more than we normally get to. I used the opportunity to try two new recipes: Cilantro Lime Baked Shrimp and Vanilla Bean Cupcakes {I will post this recipe soon}! I cannot rave enough about this Cilantro Lime Baked Shrimp recipe that I found via Pinterest.  Not only is it delicious, but most importantly it is super easy and VERY quick to make. It's perfect for those nights where you are starving and need to whip up something quick and easy.
 
 
 
 
 
We paired the Cilantro Lime Baked Shrimp with quinoa and black beans.
 
 
On to the Vanilla Bean cupcakes. I tweaked several recipes I found on Pinterest for these. I will post the recipe as soon as I can get it together! 
 
 
Also, pictured below, are two dresses that I purchased at Jcrew Factory recently. I absolutely love both of them (for different reasons). You can find them here and here.   Both are in the clearance section right now, so I would recommed grabbing them while they are still available.
 
  
This dress is perfect for work during the summer time and the best part is that it is super comfortable! I wear a size 2 for reference as I like things to be roomy and not too tight {especially at work}.


This dress is perfect for the weekend. We went to Craft Beer Guys Friday night and this was the perfect casual dress to wear. Generally, I do not think I look good in long dresses {considering I am only 5'2''}; however, this dress works really well for me!  I wear an XX small in this one in case you are thinking about buying it.

http://www.blovedboston.com/

http://www.lifeofmeg.com/

Hope everyone had a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS