Monday, July 21, 2014

Weekend Recap: Rained Out

Happy rainy Monday! I am linking up with Biana for Weekending and Meg with Mingle Monday for the first time!
 
As I mentioned on Friday, our plan was to go camping this past weekend....unfortunately that did not happen due to all of the rain we had this weekend. Evan REALLY wanted to go camping and we found out that our campground has a pretty crazy cancellation policy {pay the full amount unless you cancel more than 1 month in advance}; so we packed up the car even with the less than stellar weather report and headed to Asheville. Unfortunately, the closer we got to Asheville, the more it rained and finally, we just decided it wasn't worth it. It was projected to rain ALL weekend in Asheville. So...we stayed in a dog friend hotel in Flat Rock, where we have stayed before {I recommend this hotel for anyone who needs a dog friendly hotel in the area, however I will discuss why another time}. Our plan was that maybe by Saturday it would miraculously stop raining and we could camp Saturday night. Unfortunately, it was still raining Saturday morning and thus we had a leisurely breakfast and headed home. All was not lost though! We stopped by the Gaffney Premium Outlets and we found some AMAZING steals that I still very excited about!! Although we did not get to go camping, the deals we found in my opinion make the weekend a success! We spent the rest of the weekend painting and installing the shelves we got at the outlets and spending some quality time with Bella {as pictured below}.
 
Bella with her Daddy "dancing"


We stopped by the Yankee outlet store and I ended up getting four of their large candles for $44. This was their sale, but since I am not a regular in Yankee outlet stores, I am not really sure how great a deal this is. Anyone know?


Pottery Barn fake flowers are my favorite fake flowers. They are just much higher quality than a lot of the flowers you can get at other stores. Unforunately, the prices of them generally reflect that. I got these at 40% off their normal prices. Additionally, got this vase for $15.


I was MOST excited about these shelves from the Pottery Barn Outlet! We got each shelf for $7.77 each in the clearance section. I looked these up and they retail for $59 each in the regular store. We plan on putting these in the upstairs bathroom.
 

As exciting as the two shelves above were, we found another shelf in the clearance section that had a small dent in it. Evan assured me that he could fix it with wood putty and since we planned on painting it white anyway, it would be good as new. This shelf from Pottery Barn Kids retails for $79; however we got it for $20. We needed a shelf to put above the bed in our other guest room. This will be perfect for that space.

http://www.blovedboston.com/

I will post pictures of the shelving installation and more room updates soon hopefully! Hope everyone had a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. You go girl!! I love the Pottery Barn finds- the flowers are beautiful and I cannot believe the price you got for those shelves!!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS