Thursday, July 17, 2014

Master Bedroom Updates

As you can probably tell from my past several weeks of posts, we have been busy painting, decorating and updating {not that we really need to update since our house is only 2 years old}; however, we want to start a family soon. And with this in mind, I am in a bit of a frenzy to get the house as close to the way I want it as possible before any little ones make an appearance! Shall we call this nesting? Probably. Given that our "starter home" should last us well into having our second child before we make a move to a larger home, I figure why not invest some time {and money of course} into it?

This past weekend we completed our latest project; painting our master bedroom. I have been talking about doing this for at least 6 months. With this room completed, I am happy to say that at this point, we only have two rooms left in our house that I want to paint/tweak (at the moment that is). Because, let's be honest {and my husband is painfully aware of how I am}; after these next two rooms are completed, I am sure I will not think we are really done. I will ALWAYS come up with more home improvements and projects; that's just my nature. Sorry hubby!


Master Bedroom:

Cornices {we made these ourselves-more to come on these}
Bedspread and shams {Martha Stewart}
Toile pillows {Etsy}
Monogrammed pillows {Pottery Barn}
Lamp Shades {World Market}
Large oversize basket for pillows {Pottery Barn}
Monogrammed throw {Pottery Barn}
Bedroom Set {Haverty's}
King Size Bed {Sealy King Size Foam Mattress}

Before painting:

 



After Painting:






I think the color adds a good bit to the room. I love a pale, calming blue!

1 comment:

  1. Such a charming bedroom. I love a blue bedroom, it is so calming! It completely changes the look of the room. Lucy x

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS